Friday, September 26, 2014

Chasing Garbage...seriously, GARBAGE!



I was laying in the bed staring at the beautiful baby girl that kicked me in my head at least twice and had me on the edge of my bed all night. Then, I heard it. The dreaded sound that reminded me that I had forgotten a important chore. THE GARBAGE TRUCK! I had forgotten to put the garbage out the night before and there was some pretty gross stuff in there. As I'm ready to run out there I see it is already passed and my chance was gone. 
I'm crying in my foyer. 

Mind you, I have been single parenting it for four weeks now. My almost two year old is a over achiever and decided that she would have terrible twos early. My nine year old is going through the transition of little girl to big girl, pray for me to have patience with that. My seven year old won't stop chewing on her hair. WHY MUST SHE DO THAT? Of course you can't leave out my only boy who is 5. He, well, is a boy! Everything is a weapon and he is always asking for something to EAT. 

So, hopefully you see why missing garbage day would be such a tragedy. I mean, it really stinks(both figuratively and literally)! I didn't accept defeat though. I  chased the garbage man down! He was about ten houses down. I pretty much begged him to come back(this is starting to sound like some weird love story). He smiled and told me he would come and get my garbage. My hero! My garbage can was out and ready. I waited like a child waits for Santa. 

However, I didn't get to see it because my dear son was hungry and I had to chose between being Mommy and a happy garbage watcher. I legally had to chose being a Mommy(just kidding). I came back and to my joyful eye my garbage can empty and ready to be pulled back to the house. I defeated the giant today! 

I know there will be more giants today but for this moment, I WON!

1 comment: